Important Announcement (August 20th)
Due to the rapid nationwide increase in the number of COVID-19 infectors, the Organizing Committee decided that it will be difficult to conduct the Annual Meeting in a "hybrid" format, and will change it to a "fully online" format.
For those who are planning to register on site, please wait for a while as we are preparing the registration system.
Important Announcement (July 30th)
The organizing committee decided to maintain the policy of holding the Annual Meeting in a hybrid format.
However, if a state of emergency is declared in Hokkaido, if the local government or Hokkaido University requests the cancellation of holding the meeting, or if the organizing committee judges that it is difficult to hold a face-to-face meeting format, the meeting will be held entirely online.
Important Announcement (July 12th)
By the end of July, the organizing committee will decide whether to hold the meeting as a hybrid form or fully online, and will announce the decision on this web page and other media.
If the meeting is held in hybrid form, the following considerations are requested for on-site participants
(requests are subject to change without prior notice).
- Please take your body temperature every day and cancel your on-site participation if your body temperature exceeds 37.5°C, if you have cold symptoms, or if you have abnormal sense of taste or smell (Please refrain from moving if it is before moving).
- The maximum capacity of the on-site meeting venue shall comply with the requirement of Hokkaido and Sapporo city.
If the number of applicants for the venue exceeds the capacity limit, the presenters in the session, their supervisors (if a student is presenting, one person per lecture), the chairperson, and the venue staff designated by the Organizing Committee will be given priority to enter the on-site venue.
- If you are at on-site venue, please do not connect to Zoom to prevent feedback.
- For those who are unable to attend the lecture on-site due to exceeding the capacity limit, an online viewing venue will be provided near the venue (connected via eduroam). Please prepare a headset and a device that can connect to Zoom. If you do not have an eduroam account, we will issue you a temporary account.
- When eating or drinking near the venue, please comply with the requirements of Hokkaido and Sapporo city.
Important Announcement (May 17th)
In consideration of the spread of COVID-19, the 15th Annual Meeting of Japan Society for Molecular Science 2021 will be held in a hybrid format:
- All poster presentations will be online.
- Oral presentations can be made either onsite or online.
Oral presentation applicants will be given another opportunity to select the presentation format (on-site or online) at a later date.
However, please be aware that depending on the situation of the spread of COVID-19, the entire event may be held online.